CCSA's Spring 2018 Governance Academies Conclude This Week
May 14, 2018 Back by popular demand, the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is proud to host our Spring 2018 Governance Academies this May at select locations across the state*.
CCSA's Governance Academies are free, intensive workshops designed to help school leaders and governing board members increase knowledge of their legal obligations as stewards of public schools. The workshops will also help governing boards become high-functioning, develop legally compliant policies and procedures, establish clear roles and responsibilities, and understand the Brown Act.
Other topics to be covered include:
- Fiscal oversight roles and responsibilities
- Political Reform Act
- Conflict of Interest Basics
- Statement of Economic Interest Basics (Form 700)
- 501 (c) 3 corporations
- Board Committees' limitations and duties
The Governance Academy will be held in person on the following dates and at the following locations and times:
- May 15: Bay Area, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Alameda County Office of Education
- May 17: Sacramento, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM, CCSA Sacramento Office
The Governance Academy will also be offered online concurrent with the May 15 in-person workshop from 10 am to 2 pm. Register here: https://ccsa.force.com/MN4__PublicEventRegistration?id=a1h0c000001ogb5AAA
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
- CCSA Governance Academies are offered in partnership with Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch, LLP (San Diego and Los Angeles), and Young, Minney and Corr, LLP (Bay Area and Sacramento).