Last Call: CCSA's Governance Academy Ends This Week!
October 23, 2017 Back by popular demand, the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is bringing back our Governance Academy, offered in partnership with Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch, LLP (San Diego and Los Angeles), and Young, Minney and Corr, LLP (Bay Area and Sacramento). The California Charter Schools Association Governance Academy is a free, intensive workshop designed to help school leaders and governing board members increase their knowledge of their legal obligations as stewards of public schools. This workshop will help schools develop legally compliant governing it will help schools develop legally compliant governing board policies and procedures and establish clear roles and responsibilities. It will help schools identify key areas of expertise for high functioning boards and provide a brief overview of the Brown Act.
Other topics to be covered include:
- Fiscal oversight roles and responsibilities
- Political Reform Act
- Conflict of Interest Basics
- Statement of Economic Interest Basics (Form 700)
- 501 (c) 3 corporations
- Board Committees' limitations and duties
The Governance Academy will be held in person on the following dates and at the following locations and times:
- October 23: Los Angeles, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, CCSA Los Angeles Office
- October 24: San Diego, 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM, Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch - Conference Room
A webinar option is available for those unable to attend in person. Please sign up here:
Webinar ID: 782-218-691
For questions or more information, please contact email@example.com