CCSA's Governance Academies Begin This Week!
May 8, 2017 Back by popular demand, the California Charter Schools Association is bringing back our Governance Academy, offered in partnership with Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch, LLP (San Diego and Los Angeles), and Young, Minney and Corr, LLP (Bay Area and Sacramento). The California Charter School Governance Academy is a free, intensive workshop designed to help school leaders and governing board members increase their knowledge of their legal obligations as stewards of public schools. This workshop will help schools develop legally compliant governing board policies and procedures and establish clear roles and responsibilities. It will help schools identify key areas of expertise for high functioning boards and provide a brief overview of the Brown Act.
Other topics to be covered include:
- Fiscal oversight roles and responsibilities
- Political Reform Act
- Conflict of Interest Basics
- Statement of Economic Interest Basics (Form 700)
- 501 (c) 3 corporations
- Board Committees' limitations and duties
The Governance Academies will be held in person on the following dates and at the following locations and times:
- May 8: San Diego, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, Office of Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch, LLP
- May 9: Los Angeles, 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM, Location TBA
- May 16: Bay Area, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, CCSA Oakland Office
- May 18: Sacramento, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, CCSA Sacramento Office
For questions or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.