CCSA's Governance Academy Coming Soon!
September 3, 2016 Back by popular demand, the California Charter Schools Association is bringing back our Governance Academy, offered in partnership with Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch LLP (San Diego and Los Angeles), and Young, Minney and Corr, LLP (Bay Area and Sacramento). The California Charter Schools Association's Governance Academy is a free intensive workshop designed to help school leaders and governing board members increase their knowledge of their ethical and legal obligations as stewards of public institutions.
The Governance Academy will help schools develop legally compliant governing board policies and procedures, and establish clear roles and responsibilities, including financial oversight and regular review of student performance. This workshop will identify key areas of expertise for high functioning boards and provide training on the Brown Act. Other topics to be covered include:
- Board Committees' duties & limitations
- Political Reform Act
- Conflict of Interest Code Basics
- Statement of Economic Interest Basics (Form 700)
- 501(c) 3 corporations
The Governance Academy will be held in person on the following dates and at the following locations and times:
- October 18: Los Angeles, 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM, LAUSD - Beaudry Headquarters
- October 20: San Diego, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch, LLP
- October 25: Bay Area, 10 AM - 2 PM, CCSA Oakland Office Conference Room
- October 27: Sacramento, 10 AM - 2 PM, California Charter Schools Association - Conference Room
And online on October 25.
For questions or more information, please contact email@example.com.