CCSA Answers: Enrollment by a Family Member other than a Biological Parent

  • Print

July 29, 2016 Question: Can a student be enrolled in a charter school by a family member other than a biological parent?

Answer: Only legal guardians have the authority to enroll a student, and/or appropriate county staff if a student is a foster youth. If the family member is not the student's guardian, then the school will need to have the enrollment authorization form signed by a biological parent or other legal guardian.