Attention Southern CA Charter Leaders: Attend the C&I Charter Schools Symposium
January 4, 2016 Southern California charter school leaders and teachers are invited to attend the Curriculum and Instruction Network for Public Charter Schools Symposium at the San Diego County Office of Education on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm. The purpose of the network is to become trusted partners, provide services and support, and share instructional practices that impact student achievement.
The focus of the Symposium will be "Meeting the Needs of Each and Every Student" featuring a keynote presentation by Dr. Joseph Johnson, the Executive Director for the National Center for Urban School Transformation at San Diego State University. The following breakout sessions will also be available:
- Supporting Diverse Learners in Informative Writing Across Content, K-5 (English & Spanish)
- Equitable Assessment for English Learners (4-12)
- ELA Materials Selection- Meet the Needs of Each and Every Student at Your Site
- Focus on Literacy in After School Programs
- Equitable Access for a Range of Learners Through Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- NGSS Update and an Introduction to the California Science Framework
- Integrated and Designated ELD: What's the diff? Samples and Suggestions
- Discussions for ALL Students in Mathematics
- San Diego County Office of Education
- Rooms 401-402
- 6401 Linda Vista Road
- San Diego, CA 92111
For more information, and to register on or before Monday, January 18, visit http://sdcoe.k12oms.org/1021-108168.
Please contact Paige Metz at 858-569-5349 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.