Finance Academy Coming Soon!
December 12, 2015 Back by popular demand, the California Charter Schools Association is offering our one-day Finance Academy. This in-person workshop, offered in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Sacramento and San Diego, will help charter schools and developers strengthen their internal financial management capacity. Designed for schools that are working toward long-term sustainability, the Finance Academy is highly recommended for charter school board members, business managers, school leaders, and developers of schools opening in 2016.
Topics the Finance Academy will focus on include:
- Student Achievement Data
- Internal Controls
- State Budget Timelines
- Key Revenue Sources
- Expectations for your Business Office
- Functions of a Business Office
- Accounting & Finance
- Compliance & Reporting
- HR, Payroll and Position Control
- Business Management
- Audit Requirements
- Business Plans
- Conflicts of Interest
- Building a Relationship with your authorizer
The Finance Academy will be held in person from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm on the following dates and at the following locations:
- January 25: Alameda County Office of Education
- January 26: CCSA Sacramento Office
- January 28: Puente Learning Center - Boyle Heights Campus, Los Angeles
- January 29: San Diego County Office of Education
For questions or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.