Share the Truth About Charters!
September 28, 2015
Spread the Truth About Charters!
We are excited to announce today's launch of the online public awareness campaign, the Truth About Charters.
While charter schools enjoy tremendous public support, they also have vocal critics who perpetuate a number of myths. By providing information based on facts and independent research, we hope to clarify many common misperceptions and amplify the success of California's charter school movement.
The Truth About Charters campaign will be rolled out over several weeks beginning today and ending Friday, October 30. The campaign will focus on one charter school truth each week as follows:
- Sept 28 - Truth 1: Charter schools are public schools.
- October 5 - Truth 2: Charter schools serve all students.
- October 12 - Truth 3: Charter schools serve English Language Learners.
- October 19 - Truth 4: Charter schools are exceeding academically.
- October 26 - Truth 5: Thousands of parents are waiting for more charter schools.
Here are a few suggested ways you can get involved and share the Truth About Charters:
- Bookmark the Truth About Charters website pages.
- Share each truth and the corresponding sharable key messages, images, videos and sample social media posts with your networks.
- Create your own, or share and re-tweet our social media posts using the hashtags #TruthAboutCharters and #CharterTruth.
- Share the truths when you meet with parents, community leaders, board members, legislators and the media.
- If you are a charter school leader in Oakland or LA, be sure to take advantage of additional ready-to-use tools when Sharing the Truth About Charters. (Additional regions are being added.)
Share Your Charter Voices!
Earlier this month, we also launched another new online campaign that will last several weeks and be featured across our social media feeds, Charter Voices. This website repository of videos and profiles features the voices of charter school leaders, teachers, parents and community members sharing their transforming experiences with charter schools.
- We encourage you and your parents, teachers and communities to make your own videos and send them to Chris Ponzi on CCSA's communications team.
- Help us maximize the impact of the Charter Voices campaign on social media. Please commit to sharing or re-tweeting one of our posts using the hashtag #CharterVoices.
Thank you in advance for your participation in these campaigns to build broader awareness and support for California's charter schools.