CCSA Answers: Educator Effectiveness and Mandate One-Time Funding

  • Print

September 12, 2015

Question: What is the process of applying for and the timeline for the receipt of the Educator Effectiveness funding and the Mandate One-Time funding that were included in the 2015-16 state budget?

Answer: According to the School Fiscal Services Division of the CDE, Educator Effectiveness funding will be distributed in two apportionments, with 80% released in December and the remaining 20% released in March. The funding will be distributed in an equal amount per certificated FTE as of October 1, 2014 as reported in CALPADS for the 2014-15 fiscal year. LEAs receiving Educator Effectiveness funding will be required to submit a report by July 2018.

Mandate One-Time funding will be released in three apportionments, 40% in December, 40% in January and 20% in March. Schools need not submit an application to receive this funding nor are there any attached reporting requirements. Mandate One-Time funding is allocated on the basis of an equal amount per average daily attendance (ADA) as those numbers are reported at the 2013-14 second principal apportionment.