Join Us in Celebration of National Charter Schools Week May 3-9, 2015
April 20, 2015 Every year, National Charter Schools Week gives us an opportunity to raise awareness about our amazing charter public schools and the charter public school movement. Whether it's highlighting the academic successes of our students or the strong parental demand for more schools, we have a lot to share. To make things easy, we've put together a toolkit below with some helpful materials and a host of ideas for you to celebrate National Charter Schools Week.
National Charter Schools Week Tools & Resources
CCSA is partnering with the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools to deliver downloadable tools to support your efforts to spread the word.
- National Charter Schools Week Logo
- Social Media Badges
- Charter Schools Myths vs. Realities Fact Sheet
Get Involved in National Charter Schools Week
- Register Today! Charter School Day at the Capitol: Tuesday, May 5, 2015 Make your voice heard and join us Tuesday May, 5 in Sacramento when CCSA celebrates National Charter Schools Week by hosting our Annual Advocacy Day.
- Invite local elected ofﬁcials to visit your charter school, consider hosting a roundtable and invite your parents, teachers, students, and school leaders to attend.
- Encourage your contacts to send letters to their representatives urging their continued support for charter schools.
- Submit an op-ed or letter to the editor on the wait list numbers in California and at your school.
- Distribute a press release on the wait list numbers at your school, in California or nationally.
- Register for the 23rd California Charter Schools Conference March 14-17, 2016 in Long Beach, CA during National Charter Schools Week and take advantage of discounted rates.
Join Us on Social Media
- Like us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter and Instagram so we can help share your stories!
- Join the conversation: #CharterSchoolsWeek.
California Charter Schools By the Numbers
- 1,184: Total number of charter schools existing in California.
- 87: Number of new charter schools opening in 2014-15 school year.
- California: State with the most charter schools anywhere in the country.
- 547,800: Estimated number of students attending charters statewide as of 2014-15.
- 7%: Estimated percentage by which charter school student enrollment grew in 2014-15.
- 33,525: Estimated number of new charter school students in 2014-15.
- Los Angeles: Region with highest growth in new charter schools with 33 new charters opening.
- Northeast and Central Valley: Region with second highest growth in CA, with 22
- new charter schools opening, including 5 new charters in San Joaquin county and 3 new charters in Sacramento county
- 91,000: Estimated number of students currently on charter school waiting lists in CA.
- 34: Number of schools that closed in 2013-14.
- 9%: estimated percentage of students in the state attending charter public schools.
- 6.2 million: approximate number of total students attending all public schools in California according to 2013-14 data reported by the California Department of Education.