Hands-on Tech Plan Writing and E-Rate Planning
February 6, 2015 Learn how technology planning relates to the Federal E-Rate program for huge discounts on broadband Internet and wireless infrastructure for your school. Actually create a draft plan and prepare documents for your first E-Rate application. Understand how the new E-Rate Modernization rules impact your plan. Participants will be provided with electronic templates and coached through the entire process. Take advantage of 6-hours of expert guidance relating to technology, the relationship of free and reduced lunch eligibility to discounts, how long it takes to get the funding and more. Discuss your plans with colleagues from your own and other schools so that you will be reading for the next funding cycle! Outcomes include:
- An actual draft tech plan that can be shared with stakeholders and potential donors
- Crucial information to share with your Board about how E-Rate can help your budget
- Insight for decisions about Common Core technology requirements, industry trends and infrastructure upgrades
- Access to downloadable resources to follow up later
- Practical experience with the online E-Rate application system
Monday Pre-Conference Workshops are $50 for CCSA members, FREE for CCSA Developer Members and $75 for CCSA nonmembers. Please register at the CCSA Conference website.