Advocacy Day is Quickly Approaching: 5 Reasons You Should Register Now!
March 23, 2014 Each May CCSA hosts our Annual Advocacy Day at the State Capitol to demonstrate the growth and success of the charter schools movement and to celebrate National Charter Schools Week. This year, charter school leaders, parents and mature student delegations will travel to Sacramento on May 7, 2014 to meet with their local legislators.
"With so many newly elected legislators, Advocacy Day is an excellent opportunity for legislators to learn more about charter schools and hear from voters in their district. It puts a face on issues, helping legislators to know who their decisions affect and realize that charter schools have strength in numbers," said Myrna Castrejon, CCSA's Senior Vice President, Government Affairs.
Register by Friday, April 18 for CCSA's Advocacy Day 2014 and:
- Help legislators become more familiar with issues impacting charter schools.
- Advocate for charter friendly public policy.
- Create a memorable impression on legislators and their staff that is more meaningful than data in a spreadsheet.
- Dispel myths--ensure that legislators recognize the work that charter schools are doing to transform public education.
- Build and nourish meaningful relationships with YOUR local legislators.
How are you getting to Sacramento? Southwest Airlines is offering great rates on flights from Southern California on May 7, 2014, and Amtrak's Capitol Corridor train is a great option for Bay Area participants.