Feb 7 and 28: LAUSD Special Education Training Opportunities
February 4, 2014
February 7: Connecting the Dots when Writing IEPs with Behavior Support Plans (BSPs)
LAUSD will be hosting a training to
- help you gain further knowledge about identifying the elements of an IEP that connect to a Behavior Support Plan (BSP)
- developing a Behavior Present Levels of Performance (PLP) that uses multiple sources of data
- developing a Behavior Goal that connects to the stated needs in Behavior PLP that is connected to the BSP/BIP
If you have an IEP with a BSP you are currently working on and would like some support, bring a copy with you to the training and the LAUSD staff will sit with you after the training.
- February 7 from 8:30-11:30 am
- LAUSD District Office, room 131 from 8:30-11:30.
- Contact Georgia Valencia at email@example.com for registration and more information
February 28: Strategic Alternatives to Suspension Workshop Part II
If your school needs assistance with strategic alternatives to suspension this is the workshop for you! Attendees will
- learn about SWPBIS and the LAUSD Foundation Policy
- determine how your charter is fulfilling the requirements of implementing this policy
- learn how to develop a Progress Monitoring Action Plan with your team to reduce overall suspensions at your charter.
To attend this workshop you must bring a team of 3-5 members (administrator in charge of discipline and special education coordinator. For CMOs, team must also include a Home Office Administrator in charge of overseeing discipline. Additional members can be other administrators, teachers, and other staff that deal with discipline.
- February 28 from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- LAUSD District Office, room 123
- Contact Georgia Valencia at firstname.lastname@example.org. for registration or more information