Dec. 5: Charter School Communicators Meet-up in Los Angeles
November 20, 2013 Are you responsible for communications for a charter school? Join your local colleagues for an in-person meet-up in Los Angeles on Dec. 5. Whether you're trying to pull together marketing materials, pitch positive stories to the media or pull together a communications plan for the year, you're not alone!
We're coming together to connect, share tips and advice and plan ways we can all work together to raise awareness and positive media around Los Angeles charter schools.
Charter School Communicators Meet-up
Hosted by Sierra Jenkins, Dannie Tillman and Steve Levin from the California Charter Schools Association Communications Team and Gabriel Sanchez, Green Dot Public Schools
Thursday, Dec. 5
1 - 3 p.m.
Green Dot Public Schools - Main Office
1149 S. Hill Street, Suite 600, Los Angeles, CA 90015
To obtain driving directions to the office & guest parking garage, please follow the link below and enter your starting address: http://tinyurl.com/2en5wmx
RSVP required. We need to provide all names to building security in advance. Please RSVP to Sierra Jenkins, email@example.com.
**If you can't make it in person, we will also have a conference call-in line - email us for details.
Can't make it?
Join our new, private LinkedIn group, especially for charter school communicators!
You can also check out our member resources on Communications and Community outreach.
Let us know if there are additional resources we could add that would be helpful. If you can't make it on Dec. 5, but want to be on our list for future meet-ups, email Sierra Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The goal of the meet-up is to:
- Connect communicators at schools so you can all be resources to each other - best practices, tips on what is effective, vendors and tools
- Work together to raise awareness of charter schools, bust myths and proactively share out positive stories about the impact of charter schools in Los Angeles
- Quick Introductions
- Name, school, your role
- What is something you want advice/help with? Or an idea you have about raising support for LA charter schools?
- Media Outreach and Myth-busting
- Networking and discussion