SBAC Field Test Required for All Schools - Take the Tech Assessment
October 22, 2013 The California Department of Education (CDE) has made clear that the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) field test is REQUIRED for all schools, including charters. As the test is computerized, it is important for your school to take a technology readiness assessment.
Is your school ready, technology-wise?
There are two different assessments. We highly recommend you use the Technology Readiness Tool.
- Inputs: number of students, number of computers, computer hours available per day, Internet bandwidth
- Outputs: estimated number of days to administer tests, estimated network bandwidth required
Technology Readiness Tool (TRT) User account required (Rodney Okamoto, Manager, Technology Services Division) says they sent out user links to schools. If you didn't get one, email email@example.com.
- Number of devices at school-level
- Network capacity at school-level
- Test Window (days) at school-level
- Readiness reports at school-level
Contacts for more information:
- CDE Technology Readiness Web page
- Smarter Balanced Technology Strategy Framework and System Requirement Specifications (soon to be updated)
- TRT Key Local Considerations document