CA Charter Schools Can Receive a Major Discount on MAP Assessments from NWEA - Sign Up Now!
October 25, 2013 CCSA has partnered with the Northwest Evaluation Association™ (NWEA™) to allow California charter schools to receive a substantial discount on Measures of Academic Progress® (MAP®) assessments in Math, Reading, and Language Arts.
For just $10/student per year, California charter schools can administer the NWEA MAP assessments for 2013-14 (compared to a standard rate of $13.50/student). All charter schools in California are eligible to receive this discount. Charter schools currently using NWEA™ can receive the discounted rate in the form of a credit toward purchasing MAP® assessments in 2014-15.
CCSA has also negotiated discounts on the training that is required for schools new to NWEA. Schools accessing this substantial discount agree to share aggregated data with CCSA to help ensure CCSA can effectively advocate on behalf of the movement during this transition period when public data on student achievement is unavailable statewide.
MAP Assessments provide critical information to help schools effectively transition to Common Core. This data is important on three levels:
- At the student level: Are students successfully making the transition to Common Core? What mid-course corrections to instruction are needed?
- At the school level: How will schools maintain transparency and accountability with parents and the public? How will schools demonstrate academic success school-wide and with subgroups at time of renewal?
- At the movement level: CCSA needs to be able to paint a portrait of the movement to be able to successfully advocate for charter schools and push for continued equitable access to facilities, funding and to protect against efforts to re-regulate charters or take away charter autonomy.
Sign up now!
This is what your school needs to do to participate and receive this substantial discount:
- New users of NWEA™'s MAP® assessments: Need to submit a Letter of Intent to NWEA that indicates their interest in purchasing the assessments and chooses a training option and date.
- Existing users of NWEA™'s MAP® assessments: Need to submit a Letter of Intent to NWEA that indicates their desire to modify their existing agreement to participate in the volume discount/shared data with CCSA.