External Opportunity: East Bay Charter Connect - Common Core Symposium
September 13, 2013 The 3rd Annual East Bay Charter Connect Charter School Symposium is just around the corner! The theme of this year's Symposium is Deeper Learning through Common Core: Emerging Practices.
The Symposium will be held on Friday, October 11 from 8:00 am to 2:45 pm (breakfast from 8:00 - 8:30 am).
Here is a sample of the sessions that will be offered:
- Depth of Knowledge and Common Core - Jamie Marantz: Alameda County Office of Education
- Math Representations - Henri Picciotto: Math expert and Director, Center for Collaborative Teaching
- The Smarter Balanced Assessments - Ingrid Roberson: Alameda County Office of Education
- Integrating the Literacy Standards into History Lessons - Kristin Alvarez: UC Berkeley
- Online Tools for Building Common Core Vocabulary - Catherine Miller: UC Berkeley
- Unstructured Problems in Math - Juwen Lam: Alameda County Office of Education
- Developing Critical Thinking - Vanessa Flynn: Read, Think, Apply
- Common Core and Special Ed - Lihi Rosenthal: Seneca
- Developing Common Core Leaders - Hope Tollefsrud: REACH Institute for School Leadership
- Leading a School in the Common Core Era - Leslie Plettner: School Solutions Collaborative
- The Science of a Meaningful Life - Victoria Zakrzewski: Greater Good Science Center
Participation is free for EBCC members and $35 per person for non-members. This promises to be a really engaging and instructive day. You can learn more at the EBCC website - http://www.eastbaycharterconnect.org.