CCSA's Call for Presentations is Open for the 21st Annual California Charter Schools Conference--Due October 11!
August 9, 2013 Attendees of the CCSA Conference are looking for interactive sessions where they are lively contributors to the conversation. Attendees want to understand how the content you are presenting is relevant to the work they are engaged in everyday and they want takeaways that can be applied.
The California Charter Schools Conference encourages charter school experts from across the country to submit a proposal to present. Our theme in 2014 is "Achievement Through Innovation" and we seek proposals for interactive sessions that can speak to our theme and that reflect the following principles:
- Show, Don't Tell: The 2014 Conference is all about innovation and CCSA has a specific goal of not overwhelming attendees with PowerPoint presentations. When possible, consider using other tools to help teach your session.
- Engage: The best speakers engage the audience and connect emotionally - this will increase their recall of your information later. If you have a sense of humor, use it liberally. Feel free to be informal, and to communicate the way you normally do.
- Education: Remember your presentation is to be educational in nature, not a sales pitch. Nothing turns off an audience more than a sales pitch. Remember, "If you're speaking, you should be teaching."
- Meaningful Interaction: Whether you are part of a panel discussion or are presenting on your own, you should leave 25% of the allotted presentation time for questions from the audience.
- Share: All approved presenters must share their presentation materials by uploading them to the conference website (directions will be provided).
- Actionable Items: Please provide tangible items that attendees can take away from your workshop i.e., handouts, case studies, white papers, workbooks, list of action items, resources, and/or applications to help them be successful.
- Submit a Proposal
- Submissions will only be accepted online. If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.280.6218.
- Proposal deadline is Friday, Oct. 11, 2013. No applications will be accepted after this date.
Not Yet Registered to Attend the 2014 CCSA Conference?
Register Now for our LOWEST Back to School Registration Rate of $350--lock in the low rate and don't pay until March 2014!