CCSA Answers: Notification Necessary in the Event of a Charter School Name Change

  • Print

June 21, 2013

Question: What materials must be submitted and which California Department of Education (CDE) divisions need to be notified of a change in a charter school name?

Answer: According to the Charter Schools Division of the CDE, to request a name change, charter schools must submit a "material revision" of their current charter and a copy of the board meeting minutes where the authorizing entity approved the name change, to the Charter Schools Division of the CDE. The Charter Schools Division can then change the school name in the charters database. Charter schools can also change the information, themselves, in Online Public Update for Schools (OPUS) at the same time they are sending the documents to the Charter Schools Division.

Find more reference materials, resources and templates in our online Charter School Resource Library. Still can't find what you need? Contact the CCSA Help Desk with your question.