Northeast and Central Valley Regional Meeting Wrap Up
February 18, 2013 It was great to see so many of you at the four regional meetings in the Northeast and Central Valley region between February 4 - 7. If you weren't able to make it or you would like to take a deeper dive into the topics we discussed, check out the links below:
- CCSA's Budget Brief and up to date State Budget Information
- 2012 Academic Accountability Report Cards
- Template letters for responding to Proposition 39 offers and to request surplus property
- Special education resources including a template letter to notify your SELPA of your intent to explore other options
- Member-only discounts through Charter Advantage
- The complete 20th Annual Conference Program
And now a few fun facts from this round of regional meetings. Of the regional meeting attendees who turned in evaluations:
- 66% were principals or executive directors
- 7% were business managers or financial officers.
- The average length of service working in or for charter schools was 6.71 years.
- Fun Fact: The regional meeting was the first day of work for one charter leader.
- Another Fun Fact: Several regional meeting attendees have logged 15 years of service working in or for charter schools.
- 80% said their top reason for attending a regional meeting was "Connecting with CCSA staff" (awww, we like to see you, too!).
- 100% said the information shared at the regional meeting would be useful or very useful in their work.
While the feedback from the meetings, we also heard that we needed to include more time for questions and more time for networking among charter leaders. We also heard that many of you still have questions about Accountability, the Local Control Funding Formula and state policy issues facing charter schools.
We appreciate the feedback you shared during the meetings and in your evaluations. You can always reach out with questions or ideas to improve our regional meetings. We look forward to seeing you at the 20th Anniversary CCSA Conference and Anniversary Celebration in San Diego and at our regional meetings in May (dates coming soon).