External Opportunity: Teaching Policy Fellowship
September 20, 2012 Teach Plus is working to develop an intellectual community of solutions-oriented teachers interested in engaging in conversation about issues related to the teaching profession and providing feedback and ideas to policy leaders. Are you interested in being a part? Apply today!
About the Teaching Policy Fellowship:
- Teachers participate in the Fellowship while they are teaching.
- Teachers who have completed 2-10 years of teaching and are teaching at a Los Angeles district or charter school serving at least 50% free and reduced price lunch students.
- Teachers receive a $2,400 stipend.
- The Fellowship begins February 2013 and concludes May 2014.
- The application deadline is October 21st.
About Teach Plus
The goal of Teach Plus, founded in 2007, is to engage early career teachers in rebuilding their profession to better meet the needs of students and the incoming generation of teachers. The program began with 16 founding teachers from urban district and charter schools in the Greater Boston area. Teach Plus has grown to a network of more than 5,000 reform-minded teachers in six cities, including Los Angeles.