Call For Presentations is Open!
September 1, 2012 CCSA's 2013 Call for Presentations is Open for the 20th Annual California Charter Schools Conference--Due October 5th!
Share your experience and knowledge by submitting a proposal to present at the 20th Annual California Charter Schools Conference. The Conference Programming Committee seeks presentations that reflect successful and practical strategies that promote quality in all areas of charter school operation.
The purpose of the Annual California Charter Schools Conference is to provide high-quality education and networking opportunities for charter school professionals. Our multiple day, multiple track format offers a self-directed, facilitated learning environment with education sessions, interactive forums and exhibition. The CCSA conference offers sessions for charter schools at all stages of development.
What makes a good proposal?
The CCSA Conference Team strongly encourages schools and their faculty to share best practices with the diverse audience attending the conference. Presenters should plan on leaving time for questions and answers, and if possible, provide hands-on, interactive workshops. In general, CCSA conference attendees have the following programming preferences:
- Audience participation
- Fewer sessions with multiple panelists
- Information, connections and resources that can be followed up by the attendee easily after the conference to ease implementation at school sites
- Practical models, techniques, and materials that are easily adaptable and can be implemented at a school
- In-depth, focused sessions
- Clear "take-aways"
- California standards-based instructional practices
- Session that feature students, teachers, parents, and community members
Proposal Deadline: Friday, Oct. 5, 2012. No applications will be accepted after this date.