Feb. 4 Rally is a HUGE Success - Thanks to you!
February 6, 2012 WE DID IT. More than 100 LA charter schools turned out more than 5,000 parents, teachers and students for the rally Saturday. All of you should be incredibly proud of what we achieved with this event - we showed our strength, but more importantly, we showed the depth of our commitment to making sure every student in Los Angeles has a high-quality public school.
Thank you to all of you for your hard work to make this rally a huge success. I walked away completely inspired by our energy and potential and I hope you did too. We'll be following up in the coming days and weeks with next steps on how to leverage this momentum. In the meantime, please be sure to share these videos and our overwhelming appreciation for everyone who participated with your communities.
- Read the press release
- See the video
- More video, including video blogs from key participants and full footage of the program
This rally was truly an incredible kick-off for our push to ensure high-quality public schools in every neighborhood and quality space and equal funding for all public school students. One of our clear objectives of this campaign is to ensure we have a majority of boardmembers committed to our goals around high-quality public schools. Keep your eyes and ears open for everything happening in the electoral cycle. If you can make it, please try to attend the redistricting meetings this week or send a representative from your school community.
LAUSD Redistricting Public Meetings Kick Off This Week
- Monday, Feb. 6 - District 3, 6 p.m., Reseda High School
- Monday, Feb. 6 - District 5, 6 p.m., Southgate High School
- Tuesday, Feb. 7 - District 4, 6 p.m., Bernstein High School
- Wednesday, Feb. 8 - District 7, 6 p.m., Edison Middle School
- Wednesday, Feb. 8 - District 6, 6 p.m., Panorama High School
- Thursday, Feb. 9 - District 2, 6 p.m., Mendez High School
- Thursday, Feb. 9 - District 1, 6 p.m., Hamilton High School