Public Charter Schools Grant Program Workshops: Register Today!
January 5, 2012 The goal of the Public Charter Schools Grant Program (PCSGP) is to encourage the development of high-quality charter schools, focusing on school leadership, operations and performance. CCSA offers a number of workshops to help member schools successfully access funds through the program, including the upcoming trainings detailed below.
For more information about any of these workshops, contact email@example.com.
Webinar: PCSGP Finance Part I
Tuesday, January 10, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Register Today!
This online Fiscal Management Training workshop offers four segments to assure that schools maximize and protect their PCSGP funding: Access, Allocation, Budgeting, and Planning. Each of these segments will include detailed information about the PCSGP funding process:
- The Access segment will include an outline and explanation of the major funding opportunities available to charter schools, the eligibility requirements, the applications, and the estimated funding amounts.
- The Allocation segment will teach schools how to anticipate expenses and how to ensure mission-prioritized resource allocation.
- The Budgeting segment will help schools safeguard their funding resources by implementing sound, transparent internal fiscal controls, policies and practices that ensure compliance with charter school law and audits.
- The Planning segment will teach schools how to strive for long-term financial stability and sustainability through understanding the nuts and bolts of charter school finance and the mechanisms of monitoring school financial health by covering budget planning, dealing with deferrals, Cash flow planning, Loans and financing options, and building reserves.
Webinar: PCSGP Governance Part I
Thursday, January 12, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Register Today!
This online Governance Training workshop will assist schools in developing legally compliant governing board policies and procedures, and will assist schools in establishing clear board roles and responsibilities. The topics include both financial oversight and student performance. The workshop will also identify key areas of expertise required for high functioning boards and provide training on conducting Brown Act compliant meetings. Workshop segments include:
- Board Expertise
- Board Policies
- Board Role & Responsibilities vs. Director Role & Responsibilities
- Fiscal responsibilities and Financial Oversight
- Oversight of Student Performance and Assessment
- Delegation and Accountability
- HR Issues
- Committees' limitations and duties
Webinar: PCSGP Finance Part II
Monday, January 23, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Register Today!
This online Finance workshop will continue with topics from the Finance 101 workshop. It will include the major funding resources by outlining and explaining the funding opportunities available to charter schools, their eligibility requirements, their applications and their estimated funding amounts. It will also provide information about how to allocate resources by anticipating expenses and ensuring that allocations are mission-prioritized. Techniques to safeguard resources will be covered, by explaining how to implement sound, transparent internal fiscal controls, policies and practices to ensure compliance with laws pertaining to charter school audits. Finally, charters will learn how to plan for long-term financial stability by understanding the nuts and bolts of charter school finance and the mechanisms of monitoring school financial health.
Webinar: PCSGP Governance Part II
Wednesday, January 25, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Register Today!
This online Governance workshop will continue with topics from the Governance 101 workshop. It will help schools develop legally compliant governing board policies and procedures, and establish clear roles and responsibilities, including financial oversight and student and performance. Workshops will identify key areas of expertise for high functioning boards and provide training on conducting Brown Act compliant meetings.
- Topics covered:
- Political Reform Act
- Conflict of Interest Code Basics
- Statement of Economic Interest Basics
- (Form 700)
- Upcoming Charter School Specific Conflict of Interest Regulations
- Brown Act/Open Meetings
- What is a meeting?
- Closed Sessions
- Public's Rights
Pre-Conference Public Charter Schools Grant Program Workshop
Monday, February 27, 10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Register Today!
CCSA is proud to announce the return of a one-day Pre-Conference Public Charter Schools Grant Program workshop, full of trainings and resources, to help your new school access funds through the Public Charter Schools Grant Program. Sign up now to include this workshop in your grant application work plan. The workshop will cover the following PCSGP RFA related topics:
- Attorney Panel discussion and Q & A on governance and fiscal legal issues
- Teacher evaluation, professional development, recruitment and retention
- Guidance from successful applicants
- Financial management
- CDE staff presentation with a specific focus on work plan requirements and budget development