Nov. 7: Bay Area Special Education JPA Upcoming Meeting
October 28, 2011 Interested charters from the Bay Area and surrounding Solano, Sonoma, Napa, Monterey, Santa Cruz, Contra Costa, Marin counties are invited to learn more about the new Bay Area Special Education Joint Powers Authority. Join us on Monday, November 7, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at the Alameda County Office of Education.
How can a Special Education JPA help your school? Some specific benefits include:
- The ability to identify and share best practices and service delivery frameworks
- The ability to share resources across schools and services to serve students with unique needs
- The ability to pool resources to mitigate financial risks associated with special education
- The ability access professional development programs that align with the specific priorities and needs of consortium members
- The ability to collectively voice concerns and advocate for improved special education policies at the local, regional, and state levels
Please contact Allison Magill, CCSA Special Education Advisor, for more information.