Window Now Open for Correcting Spring 2011 CSTs, CMA, and CAPA Administrations Data Errors
September 26, 2011
Correct your school's data errors today to ensure accurate API and AYP calculations!
The Demographic Data Corrections module has been added to the STAR Management System. This module allows charter school STAR coordinators to correct demographic data errors for the spring 2011 California Standards Tests (CSTs), California Modified Assessment (CMA), and California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA) administrations. Charter schools may correct data in order to do the following:
- Have the charter school's Academic Performance Index (API)/Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) recalculated
- Have miscoded or uncoded CST end-of-course mathematics and/or science tests rescored
- Have miscoded or uncoded CMA end-of-course mathematics tests rescored
- Obtain an updated data CD-ROM for school records
- Match unmatched records for the CST and CMA for Writing in grades four and seven with multiple-choice tests. However, please note that matching unmatched records will not change API or AYP calculations because matching the records will not change student and school scores; enrollment numbers; or school participation rates.
Charter schools must enter corrections by 6:00 p.m. on October 28.