Share Critical School Data - Plus Regional Meeting Wrap Up
September 30, 2011
Win a $100 Staples Gift Card (Special Education Survey)
In an attempt to gain a better understanding of the current strengths and areas of need regarding special education in charter schools in your region, the California Charter School Association is distributing a service sharing survey to your local charter school to gather specific school site data.
We hope to receive the information from school sites as soon as possible. If you complete the survey by Thursday, October 6th, you will qualify to be in the drawing for a $100 Staples gift card.
To have access to the survey please follow the following steps:
- Use this link to electronically sign the Service Sharing Survey Terms of Agreement:
- You will be asked to "sign in" to complete the agreement. Only someone authorized to sign contracts on behalf of your organization should proceed.
- Sign the document electronically.
- You will be asked to provide contact information for the appropriate individual to complete the Special Education survey. This individual should be able to accurately answer specific questions about the special education population at your school.
- Upon receipt of your signature, you will receive a link to complete the survey electronically.
Critical School-Level Data Needed
Recently, you may have received an e-mail or phone call regarding CCSA's "School Leader Survey". In this survey, CCSA requests information that is absolutely critical for our organization to effectively advocate for the needs of your school, this region and the movement at large. Thank you so much to those of you that have already responded! If you have not yet responded, please complete this survey as soon as possible. We hope to have complete data by mid- October.
Follow Up from Recent Regional Meeting: Now is the time to get to know your State Representatives
Thank you to those of you that attended this most recent regional meeting. Those of you that attended the meeting may know that we spent quite a bit of time collecting member input on what CCSA should prioritize in the upcoming legislative season. If you have further thoughts, please feel free to pass them along to firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the most critical things that we can do at the regional level to bolster our position in Sacramento is to foster relationships with your legislative representatives at their district. This can be done with simple "get to know you" type meetings at local offices, led by school leaders or school representatives (such as board members or parents). If you are unsure who your representatives are or would like more information about what you can do to get to know your legislators, check out this fact sheet.