Nov. 7: Mark your Calendars - Bay Area Special Education JPA Meeting
September 30, 2011 Calling interested charters from the Bay Area and surrounding Solano, Sonoma, Napa, Monterey, Santa Cruz, Contra Costa counties to learn more about the new Bay Area Special Education Joint Powers Authority! To get involved in this important work, please join us for a meeting on Monday, November 7th at 10:00 am. The meeting will take place at the Alameda County Office of Education.
How can a Special Education JPA help your school? While the benefits of participating in this type of consortium are far-reaching, some specific benefits include:
- The ability to identify and share best practices and service delivery frameworks
- The ability to share resources and services to serve students with unique needs
- The ability to pool resources to mitigate financial risks associated with special education
- The ability access professional development programs that align with the specific priorities and needs of consortium members
- The ability to collectively voice concerns and advocate for improved special education policies at the local, regional, and state levels
Please contact Allison Magill, CCSA Special Education Advisor, for more information.