Charter School Educators Continue to Earn Financial Rewards through EPIC
July 30, 2011 In four years, EPIC (Effective Practices Incentive Program) has awarded nearly $7 million to over 1,600 educators in 57 high-gain schools nationwide. Last year, 175 schools from 23 states and DC participated in the program. Previous winners from California include:
- Camino Nuevo Harvard Campus
- Aspire Monarch Academy
- Lighthouse Academy
- LA Alliance Gertz-Ressler
- LA Alliance William and Carol Ouchi High School
- LA Alliance College Ready #4 High School
- Aspire Centennial College Prep
- KIPP LA College Prep
- Stella Middle Charter Academy
- Accelerated Charter Elementary School
- Green Dot Animo Pat Brown Charter High School.
When schools win the award based on a value added analysis conducted by Mathematica, they receive individual incentive awards. This means all of the eligible teachers in a school receive awards ranging from $3,000-$4,000 each and school leaders receive awards ranging from $5,000-$12,000 each.
- At least 30% of students must be eligible for free or reduced-price lunch.
- School must submit state test score data and demographic data for ALL students in mathematics and reading/language arts from the past three school years: 2008-09, 2009-10, and 2010-11.
- Minimum of 20 students with complete data across the entire school.
- School is not currently participating in another TIF grant.
- All incentive-winning staff must be willing to work with EPIC to identify and document their effective practices.
- Applications are due to EPIC by Sept. 30, 2011 for a data stipend of $800 - $1,200 just for completing an application. Final deadline to participate is Oct. 31, 2011.
There are two upcoming orientation calls where you can learn more about the program and ask questions directly to the EPIC staff.
- Tues. Aug 9 from 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Wed. Aug 17 10:00-11:00 a.m. PST
For either session, please RSVP to CharterEPIC@nlns.org so you can get the conference call information and PowerPoint to accompany the call.