Sacramento Charter Schools Shine on State Tests
September 19, 2013
On average, charter schools in SCUSD outperform traditional public schools in the district by 41 API points, averaging an 805 API to the district average of 764.
This analysis includes 13 charter public schools located within the boundaries of OUSD as of the 2012-13 school year (the new Capitol Collegiate Academy doesn't yet have test data), compared to the 70 traditional district schools. CCSA's data team divided the schools by grade-level for a more accurate comparison and also looked at how various subgroups performed compared to the district average.
The seven elementary charter schools demonstrated strong academic results, outperforming district elementary schools by an average of 50 API points (815 vs. 765). The five charter high schools on average outperformed district high schools by 30 API points.
There is only one charter middle school located in SCUSD, Oak Park Preparatory Academy, which had an outstanding API of 887 for this past year.
Charter Schools in Sacramento
- Aspire Capitol Heights Academy- 860
- St. HOPE Public School 7- 856
- Sol Aureus College Preparatory- 846
- California Montessori Project - Capitol- 811
- Yav Pem Suab Academy - Preparing for the- 800
- The Language Academy of Sacramento- 770
- Bowling Green Elementary- 763
- Oak Park Preparatory Academy- 887
- Muir Charter- 866
- George Washington Carver School of Arts- 787
- Sacramento Charter High- 780
- New Technology High- 732
- The MET- 710
This analysis included all schools physically located within the school district boundaries (including those authorized by county offices of education or the State Board of Education). This excludes schools operating under the Alternative Schools Accountability Model (ASAM) and special education centers.
Press ContactCaity Heim
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: